Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring, officially

It's seemed like Spring for several weeks now, even though this is the first official day.

Last fall, I dug up all the violets and split them. I finished the rock wall and bordered it with the violets. Then planted 3 varieties of daffodils. Julie transplanted Blue salvia from the back garden from volunteers.

The azalea finally bloomed after practically nothing last year. I added a new trellis and some hummingbird attractors. Blue morning glory vine and goldflame honeysuckle. Heirloom tomatoes went in last weekend. And the roses are starting to bloom.

This winter we lost our 15-year-old kitty Marbles. She loved the garden. A little too much if you ask me. The flowers have never looked better now that it's not her litter box!

Basil, squash, strawberries, other herbs and flowers still to come.

And yes, our two resident male hummers are still here.

Next entry, back garden, hydrangeas, and rock garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment